Monday, April 28, 2008

OUR CRAZY MORNING

Okay so I first noticed that Zoey had these blisters around her mouth like a week and a half ago. Well I didn't think anything of it because she was teething and I thought that the fever she had was from the teeth and the fever caused fever blisters.

I went to the doctor this morning because Zoey had developed 3 more blisters on her feet and hands. But the ones around her mouth were completely gone. So the doctor said that she has foot and mouth disease. I almost died I thought that only animals got that and then my next question is where in the HELL did she get it? I guess there has been alot of recent cases so the only place I can figure she got it is WALMART!! And I am so careful when I go there I disinfect the carts and then wipe everything down.

Anyways she has never go the inner mouth legions which they say isn't common. Almost all cases have the horrible inner mouth legions. Which I guess we are just lucky that Zoey didn't develop them. Next they said she should be irritable which she hasn't and she hasn't lost her appetite either. So he isn't 100% sure that foot and mouth disease is what she has. But we are treating it as that. She shouldn't be contagious because she doesn't have the mouth sores or hasn't had the fever for over a week and a half but we are just playing it safe. And I have to apologize to Kandice I went to her modbe party with Zoey and my mom. Which my mom held Zoey the whole time but I still feel horrible and will feel even worse if her kids get it.

But I thought I should give you the update on Zoey as well as warn you about the shopping carts at Walmart. The doctor said he had a 9 month old baby come in with roto virus which is caused from not washing your hands after using the bathroom. They think the baby got the virus from the shopping carts as well. Just a little bit of warning to all my fellow bloggers.

I will keep you updated on Zoey condition right now it looks like the virus has pretty much gone away she just has 3 blisters left so hopefully those will be gone soon.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I laughed so hard when I read your conclusion that Zoey got her virus from Walmart! It really is the community's central gathering spot, isn't it! Or should I say watering trough? (Ohhh, that was bad, but I couldn't resist the pun!)

Kandice said...

Aww, I am sorry she is sick. My kids have had that several times. My kids NEVER go to wal mart or McDonalds or anywhere public for that fact because they get sick so easily. That is a painful sickness to have. I caught it from them once, and thought I was going to die. They say it can be dangerous for pregnant women, not to scare you or anything, but you might want to ask the dr. anyways, hope she is better soon

. said...

Holy Cow, look what I found...
Bob Marlie has a blog!