Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How it came to be




Well I have decided that I am going to be faithful in writing in our blog. So I wanted to start out with how Brigham and I ended up together.

So I had just moved home from Pennsylvania where I was a nanny the rumors going around town was I moved home because I got into trouble. Well the real reason being that I loved the kids so much as well as the mom but the dad (Kenneth) worked from home and was always in our space when I was too be working. To top it all off Ashley (the mom) had her brother move in with us. To say the least he was a little odd. He was always asking me to go to the local bars with him or to go to dinner. Well one day I had come home from my friends house and I caught him in my room rummaging through my things. I was so ticked that I told the family right there that I was through and I was heading back to Utah.
so
It was December 2004 when I returned back home, my grandpa wasn't doing very well. So I decided that I was going to get a job and stay in Vernal for awhile. I got a job at Diva Salon as a receptionist and I loved it. Well things got worse with my grandpa and he eventually passed away on March 17 2005 This was such a hard time for our family. We knew that he was in a better place but it just hurt saying goodbye.
A couple days after my grandpa's funeral my friend Ramey Piva called and wanted me to come and hang out with her at her new boyfriends house, which was Trevor Hoopes. And I have known Trevor since I was little we used to be in the same ward when we were kids. So I figured why not I had nothing really else to do. So I headed over to Trevor's house, they were hanging out downstairs playing video games. So I got introduced to everyone Brigham Zelaya, and Steven Lamb were Trevor's roommates. We all just hung around for awhile and then I decided that I better be going home. Well the next day Ramey called me when I was at work and said " Brigham thinks your cute and wants to hang out with you more." All I could do was laugh I felt like I was back in grade school again. Well needless to say I started going over to their house every night. We all had such a blast together.
Brigham knew that I had planned on going to St. George for college and really didn't want anything too serious. Well I got attached and it ended up being serious. So it was time for me to head down to St. George. It was so hard leaving because I really didn't know what was going to happen between Brigham and I, all I knew was I liked him alot.
I got to St. George and met all my roommates and they were all the Dixie cheerleaders, we all had such a blast together. And then across the hall were some of the football players which made for fun nights together. I got a job at Dillard's in the mall where I sold purses and jewelry. It wasn't the best job I have ever had but it paid the bills. Well about a month after I had been in St. George I found out I was pregnant. I was so scared I didn't know what I was going to do. I told Brigham and he seemed so assured that things were going to work out. I asked him how he was so sure all he could say is I just know. Well I told my parents over the phone and somehow they tracked Brigham's number down. So Brigham went over to my parents house and told them himself that I was pregnant and that he loved me and was going to take care of both me and the baby.
So I moved home from St. George and Brigham and I had decided that we were going to get married on October 1, 2005. We had everything planned so beautifully, my mom was so amazing I just told her what I wanted and she would take over and did everything. She did all the flowers for the wedding herself. It was going to be the most amazing day. Then on August 12th I had a miscarriage. It was the most horrific thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't know what we were going to do, we had a wedding in less than 3 weeks. Brigham and I decided that we still wanted to get married so the wedding went on. It was the most beautiful day it was 80 degrees and for October that is just unbelievable. The wedding went so well not even a flaw besides that I forgot my flowers to walk down the isle with. But that didn't even matter to me. As I walked down the isle the only thing I saw was this amazing man waiting for me at the end of the isle. He was sobbing, later on I asked him why he was crying so hard he said" As soon as I saw you I just couldn't hold it in any longer.
Well a year later on October 13 2006 we were sealed for time and eternity in the Vernal Utah Temple. It was the most amazing feeling knowing that I was going to be with Brigham forever.
I think things happen for a reason I am not sure that Brigham and I would have ended up being married if I hadn't have gotten pregnant but all I can say is that I wouldn't change a thing. I love my life and I love Brigham so much that i wouldn't even want to change one thing about how it all came to be.

4 comments:

Kandice said...

Aww. Marlie, I am so happy you did that post. As you will recall, I had a similar situation, and it rarely works out as well for most people. I am so glad that it did for you, and me. I have never met Brigham, but he seems super nice. You keep on posting, we are cousins...but I feel like there is a lot I don't know about you!

Johnsons said...

I liked this one. It is so nice to know that Brigham is ALL yours now, lol! Jk I am happy that he found someone to be happy with. Peace out sister!

Anonymous said...

hey I just love your site, We are so glad that you got Brigham too Heaven knows he's "special" no one else could deal with that. hee hee(jk)

Anonymous said...

hey that was me that just left that message R erickson