Friday, April 25, 2008

I'M LOSING IT!!!

Ok so first of all let me explain myself on what I am losing. Ever since I found out I was pregnant my mind has seriously been shot. I have NEVER been a space case as much of you know I am an organizer and like things to run in an orderly fashion. So for my mind to not be working with me its driving me CRAZY.
When I was pregnant with Zoey this happened a little bit but not bad at all. With this pregnancy however I honestly feel like my life is out of control. For me to feel in control everything needs to be organized or orderly. For those of you who know me very well you know about the "Planner" for those of you who don't know about the planner let me explain. I have this planner where I have EVERYTHING written down. Everything includes when my bills are due, doctor appointments, parties that are coming up, and then there are the activities I plan on doing with Zoey. (Yes I plan in advance our activities) Then comes the highlighters everything has its own color. The bills that are due are pink, appointments are blue, parties are orange, and activities are green. Once they have been completed they are checked off. Okay so most of you are wondering how can you lose your mind if your have such a planner. Well let me tell you first comes with writing it down and finding out its written down on the wrong day or just completely forgetting to write it down.

Let me give you an example I had planned on going to my cousin scentsy party which I had the invitation and everything pinned up on my calender board. I remember thinking to myself no need to write this down I wont forget. Well I forgot and i missed the party completely I feel so horrible this does not happen to me!
Next example bills are SO important to me that everything is paid or received before the due date. Our house payment is due the first of every month which no one in their right mind would ever forget to pay their house payment right. Well I forgot luckily we have a 10 day grace period and I remembered on the 5th so it arrived on time but like I said before these things don't happen to me!
I'm sorry everyone I am just kind of ranting but I have to express my problems somewhere and Brigham has heard this so many times he is sick of hearing it.

So I asked my doctor if this is normal he explained to me that when you are pregnant you retain water and therefore you brain actually shrinks because of the water that is being retained everywhere. (weird huh) So I am glad that this isn't just me totally losing it completely. You have to understand that I honestly thought I was going crazy and was ready to check myself into a pshyc ward and I think Brigham was too hehe. But he says this all goes away after you have the baby and if not that's when I'm going to start worrying.
So I am going to apologize in advance I'm sorry if I have an appointment with you and I miss it, if your having a party and I forget it, or if we have a lunch date and I space it.
Please just bare with me a couple more months and hopefully this ditziness will all go away.

1 comments:

Kandice said...

Marlie!!! I'm so sorry you have prego brain. I had it sooo bad. I have something like your "planner"..lol. It is my little whiteboard that I hang on my fridge. I write down EVERYTHING on it. I even have to write down when to take a shower, how pathetic is that..lol. Just wait until you get 3 kids. It gets really out of control. Anyways-I will be your personal reminder that tomorrow is my Modbe party...12-4 at my house. Hope you can make it!