Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our little Zoey




I have decided that I am going to go into detail about my pregnancy and delivery of Zoey.

It was the first week of April and I was at my sister in law Evelyn's house just hanging out talking. When I realized I hadn't had my visit from aunt Flow in awhile and it just happened that Evelyn had a pregnancy test. So I took the pregnancy test and it came out positive. I was so shocked we had kinda been planning it but I didn't think it would happen this fast.

We were living in Green River Wyoming at the time for Brigham's job for BHI. I hated living so far away from our family. And to make it worse our insurance hardly covered any doctors in the basin. They only covered 3 and the only one I knew was Dr. Evans so we chose him as our OB doctor. We traveled down to Vernal every month for the doctors visits until it came time that we decided it would be best for our family if Brigham got transferred back to Vernal.

It was the end of June 2006 when we finally moved back to Vernal. And it seemed that the pregnancy was taking forever and I had been SO sick. I was nauseous all the time and nothing seemed to help at all. I had to go to the ER a couple of times to get IV's to help build my strength up. And I also would get so dehydrated that I went into false labor 2 times it just seemed that I couldn't drink enough water.

We decided to go on a Wilhelm family trip when I was 7 months pregnant to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. We got to see all the sites as well as went hiking at Jenny Lake. The guides told us the hike would be about a mile hike up to the waterfalls which I thought would be no problem. Well It ended up being a 3 mile hike on a rugged trail. And needless to say I was in flip flops hahah. So when the hike was finally finished my legs were the size of elephant ankles. It was a horrible feeling but I felt pretty good about myself that I didn't give up and actually made it through the whole hike.

Well finally December was here and it was almost time to have the baby we were getting so excited to finally meet her. Dr. Evans and I decided from the baby's weight that it would be best for us both if he induced me. On December 4th at 8 am we arrived at the Roosevelt hospital to get induced. Dr. Evans finally induced me around 8:30 am and Brigham and I got to walk the hospital all day long until the contractions got alot worse. My water finally broke at 6:20 pm and from then on I had the epidural. I was on the epidural pump and I made sure that I watched it close so it wouldn't get down to far. Well about 6 am on Tuesday my pump was low so I told the nurse to tell the anesthesiologist that I needed a refill before he went into surgery. I guess she forgot my pump ran out and I started to hyperventilate and they lost Zoey's heartbeat. Well they had to put me on oxygen and finally found Zoey's heartbeat and got the pump refilled. I was fine for awhile until it ran out again and the same thing happened again. It was about noon when Dr. Evans came in to check on me and I told him I was to exhausted and wanted a c-section well he thought it would just be a bit longer so we waited. Well 3:30 pm on Tuesday rolled around and I was finished. Brigham called the nurse in and she checked me and I started to regress from a 9 1/2 back to a 8. So Brigham told the nurse to get Dr. Evans over here now or he was loading me up and taking me to Vernal. (leave it to Brigham haha) Well Dr Evans showed up and they got me all prepped for surgery. We got into the room and I had the shakes so bad they had to tie my arms down. Well after 32 hours of labor at 4:12 pm on Tuesday December 5, 2006 we finally got our baby girl Zoey Noelle Zelaya, she weighed 8lbs and 4 oz. Dr. Evans said we made a great decision to have a c-section that Zoey was stuck pretty bad in the birth canal and he probably would have had to break her collar bone to get her out. She was so beautiful when they showed her to me her little tongue was sticking out and she didn't even cry at all she just looked around.

We stayed in the hospital till Friday morning and they finally let us go home. We were so excited to finally get home and relax a bit. We had such a blast with Zoey, she was such a good baby and was sleeping through the night at 2 months old. She sure loved her sleep as well as eating haha. She got pretty sick when she was 3 months old with RSV,luckily they caught it just as it was starting and she only really had it for 4 days. She had to have nebulizer treatments every 4 hours but she was so good with them she thought it was pretty funny having some crazy thing on her face.

We moved in with my parents when she was 5 months old. We were in the process on finding a home to buy. It was so much fun living with my parents and watching them with Zoey. She had them both wrapped around her little finger.

Zoey now is 16 months and is into EVERYTHING she loves to run and play. Her favorite thing is to be outside with dad and work on the yard. She helped so much getting our lawn fertilized and putting up the fence. She definitely is a daddy's girl, it so funny to watch her want something and me tell her no, she then will go to her dad and knows that he will say yes. She is our little angel and makes our lives SO lively. I have such a blast staying at home with her and enjoying our time together. It seems like time is flying and I know she wont be young forever so I am just trying to take in every moment as possible.

3 comments:

Kandice said...

I love reading other people's birth stories. I was so glad that I posted about all my kids births. They will enjoy reading it later in life hopefully! She is so cute.

Johnsons said...

ooh, thats my Zoe. I like the pictures but you forgot to tell us how much our little chunk weighed. I LOVE your hair in your engagement pictures. Love it!

Mandy said...

Yippee!!!

I am so glad you found my blog!

I will be checking up on you, so you better post often. Congrats on the pregnancy. Are you SO excited!?! Two kids? YIKES!

Also, i am glad to hear you have been slacking on going to church. We have been too. We are trying to figure out how we can get away with being inactive... but its not working. DANG! jk

Anyway, keep in touch! see you later!