Friday, May 30, 2008

MY LITTLE GIRL IS GROWING UP!!!

Well Zoey has made the transition into the toddler stages. She is starting to talk so much. She has a new word everyday,her latest ones are "Toot", "Cup" ,"Outside", and "Please". She talks so much now and is so very independent. She likes to do things herself and will ask for help if she HAS too.


I was sure that when I had Zoey that since she was such and easy baby that the toddler years were going to be a breeze needless to say I was wrong! She has learned how to throw fits and when I say fit its not the little bit of cry it is throw herself on the floor and bang her head on walls. Oh her new trick when she gets mad is to bite. Well we have introduced time out and she does pretty well with that. I just sit her down on the stairs below our bar stools and explain to her why she is in time out. I think she is getting better with her fit throwing but some of the time I just have to laugh at her. She definitely has the Wilhelm temper. The other day I had turned cartoons on for Zoey while I got ready. Well I was finished getting ready and it was her turn to get ready. So I said to her " Okay sis its time to get ready we have to turn Dora off and go get our clothes on." Oh my goodness you would think that it was the end of the world. She threw the biggest fit all because I turned her cartoon off. Wow is this kid really mine hahah...

TIME OUT!!

Zoey decided the other day that since Mommy was going on the potty that she wanted to try. So she took off her pants and started to take off her diaper and I put her up on the potty. She was so good I told her to go pee pee which she did then I told her to go poop I would tell her to push. The first time just a toot came out and she thought that was pretty cool. So by the end of potty time she had peed and pooped in the big girl potty. She was SO proud of herself her face was just beaming.

This is the best picture we have of her by the potty

Zoey has also decided that she likes her big girl bed. My mom had this toddler bed at her house and she asked if we wanted it for Zoey to get used to sleeping in a bed. Well we brought it home and put sheets on it and pillows, and Zoey decided she wanted to sleep in it. So I laid her down gave her kisses and sang her a song. I came out of her room and stood by the door because I just knew this wasn't going to last. Well there I sat and sat and finally I just peeked in and she was OUT!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought to myself is it really going to be this easy to get her to sleep in a big girl bed? Well she has had a couple of relapses I think because she was sick but other than that. I am proud to say she is in her big girl bed.

5 comments:

George and Karyn said...

Zoey is getting so big. She is just so cute and it great that she is the one that has decided to go potty by herself and to sleep in her big girl bed.

Aspen said...

You sound like me...potty training and sleeping in big girl beds hasn't been too bad, but that TEMPER! Wow...who knew that these sweet little girls had it in them?

The Hoopes Family said...

I feel you pain about the temper throwing Avinlee fakes crying! She has a notty chair but she gets excited to sit on it so right now it's not much of a punishment. I can't belive that Zoey is growing so big it reminds me that Avinlee is growing up too!! Love ya!

Lynlee Price said...

Hey Marlie. Nice to know you have a blog! You're little girl is adorable! That's awesome you're pregnant again! When are you due?

Ben and Marcie said...

Hi Marlie! I found your blog through Karyn's. Beth keeps me pretty updated on your family, but it's so fun to read these blogs! Looks like you're doing well. Congrats on your pregnancy, your little Zoey is adorable! Talk to ya later!
Marcie Batty