Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our Scare!!

Yesterday I must have thought I was super woman or something. Let me explain I have this changing table I bought from Kmart that is really cute and convenient but the drawers don't hold much weight, I have broken almost every drawer in the changing table. So my plan was to load the changing table in the back of the truck and take it up to Arn's Wood Shop. Arn has been really good to us, he totally repaired the first shelf that looked like a Lion had chewed it up. So he told me to bring the others up and he would fix them.

Well I started to help Brigham lift this "big huge" (okay i'm exagerating a little)changing table into the back of the truck and didn't really think anything of it. I felt a little pressure "down under" but again didn't think anything of it.



I got to my mom and dad's house to take the truck back, I went to go use the restroom and there was blood. I thought to myself "oh shit what did I do?" I called my sister in law Evelyn who is a nurse in the OB(thank heavens for her!!) and she says to lay down and drink LOTS of water. In the meantime I called Dr. Breitenbach and they asked me to come right down.

I have to say that I just knew that I put myself in labor. I was having contractions randomly and the pain "down under" was unbearable.

I went to the doctors office and had Dr.Breitenbach check me. Luckily I wasn't in labor, I had just pulled some muscles from where my c-section scar is and they think the bleeding was from the pressure on the cervix from lifting.
Needless to say I am SUPER sore today and I also realized that I am NOT super women.

2 comments:

shayrae said...

NO MORE LIFTING!!!!

Kandice said...

dang it marlie, lay down and relax would ya! i did that same thing though. I nested so bad, and i thought i was this super strong person when really i was a scrawny pregnant girl that should not be doing stuff like that. you better be careful!