Thursday, May 29, 2008

YES WE ARE STILL ALIVE

I'm so sorry that I haven't been blogging lately I have been so busy. We have been working on the outside of our house. We have been planting flowers and just cleaning up the yard. It looks so good now I am pretty proud of myself. I unfortunately haven't got around to taking any pictures yet. Sorry but I promise you they are coming.



Also I wanted to talk a little bit about Memorial Day. This is a big holiday to me and we celebrate it with a bang in our family. Sunday we got together with all my aunts and uncles on my moms side and met up to the cemetery. My grandma passed away in February of 2007 but even though it has been a year and a half it is still really hard to go up to the cemetery. My grandpa passed away in 2005 (WOW i can't believe it has been 3 years!) So we try to make this Day really special. Well we decorated the graves and then headed back to my mom and dad's house for a BBQ. I love when the whole family gets together and we BBQ it is always such a good time. We all end up laughing about old memories as well as new ones. I am truly blessed to have such a great family. I am so grateful for this holiday that it makes people actually stop and appreciate life as well as appreciate those who lost their lives fighting for our country.


This is my grandma Richins about 3 weeks before she passed away. We wanted to get a 5 generation picture together. Also in the picture is my mom, me, Zoey, and Grandma R

Sadly i don't have any pictures of my grandpa Richins on my computer but I am planning on doing a blog about him and my grandma so there will be some coming....

0 comments: