Friday, August 15, 2008

He's HERE!!!





Slade William Zelaya was born August 11, 2008. He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long.
We had quite a time getting him here, but we are sure glad he is here. The day started out that the nurses couldn't get an IV in my arm. So after 3 pokes they got it!! Well then it was time for the surgery and the anetheseoligist came to give me my spinal epidural. Well all was going well until I started to feel them cutting and I mean IT HURT, It wasn't just pressure so they tried numbing the incision which didn't work. So I ended up having to be put completely under.

Next problem comes with Slade Dr. B got to him and got him out but Slade wouldn't breath. The nurses had to do Cpr on him for what Brigham said was about 2 minutes. And finally Brigham heard the cries. After all the drama, everything is going fine. And we have such a beautiful healthy boy.

11 comments:

Ben and Marcie said...

Congratulations Marlie! He's adorable. Zoey is a doll. She looks like the proudeset big sister ever!!

galleygrapevine said...

Congrats!!! He's a keeper! I bet you are exhausted, but it all worth it. There is nothing better than snuggling your sweet little baby. If you ever need someone to hold him, give me a call.

Kandice said...

Awww. I had thought of you all that day! I am sorry it was so rough. I'm glad he is doing o.k. and you too. Let the fun begin!!!

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful! That picture of you holding Slade while your giving Zoey a kiss is so heart warming! What a beautiful family. I can't wait to come and see him.

Jesenia said...

Congrats, I am glad he is here, he is darling. Hope you heal quickly. I am glad that everything turned out okay. Take care!!

Chase and Nahomi said...

marlie he is beautiful! congrats! a mother of two now! thats so awsome!

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

I'm so happy for you and your little family. Zoey looks like she is excited to be a big sister! I'm so sorry for all the complications, but I'm glad everything turned out great! He's beautiful!

George and Karyn said...

Congrats on one the cutest little boy! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you?

The Hoopes Family said...

I love this cute little man. I am so happy for you and Brigham. Trevor wants to come see the baby so we will be visiting soon. Call if you need anything at all!

Mandy said...

Well, I am so glad all is well. He looks like a beautiful baby boy!

I knew you had him when I saw it on the Wendy's bilboard! You should take a picture if it!

Love ya! Congratulations!

Stan & Ash said...

awww. he is so adorable..you lucky girl