Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Zoey

I knew the time would come when we eventually would have to get Zoey's tonsils out but I honestly didn't think it would come upon us so fast and at NOT so great timing. With me only having 3.5 weeks left until our littlest princess arrives to say the least I am STRESSED!
This all started about 2 weeks ago when my mom realized that Zoeys tonsils were enlarged, I didn't think much of it since she had been sick so I figured they would just go down with time. Well fast forward to 2 nights ago she had progressively gotten worse. She had this horrible cough mostly at bedtime as well as ear and the body aches. So Monday night I had put Zoey to bed and she just kept cough cough coughing to the point she almost couldn't catch her breath. So we decided to take to the Emergency Room. Her oxygen was really low so they put her on oxygen for awhile. The Dr came in and started to do his assessing and looked in Zoey's mouth and said "WOW her tonsils are completely touching" so he suggested we go to Dr Catten.
So yesterday I called and made Zoey an appt to see Dr. Catten in the afternoon. in the meantime Zoey went down for her nap and luckily I was laying next to her, all of a sudden she starts gasping for air so I sit her up and prop pillows behind her scared me to DEATH. But Dr Catten believes this happened because her tonsils are so enlarged that they block her airway (GOOD TO KNOW!!) So thankfully we got into Dr. Catten yesterday afternoon and he scheduled her surgery to get her tonsils and adenoids out for the morning.
I'm just hoping she has a recovery like Slades, which I know is very unlikely because honestly he didn't even act like anything had happened to him. He was eating cheeseburgers that night after surgery. They initially wanted to keep him overnight but after he broke his IV bag and the IV holder, they pretty much kicked us out of the hospital :)
Zoey is so tender hearted I think she is going to well with it though.
Good Luck to my Big princess tomorrow Mom and Dad <3 you!!

3 comments:

Deets Family said...

Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!! Good luck. Zoey will do great

Kandice said...

Poor thing! My older 2 have had their tonsils out too. Hope she recovers fast and life settles down before that baby comes!

George and Karyn said...

That is scary. I hope that she gets feeling better fast.