Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cancer


"When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful." ~Barbara Bloom

We lost a GREAT friend on Wednesday, she was such an inspiration to many and will greatly be missed.

When I first met MarShel i was so jealous of the relationship her and my husband shared. They were so close and I often thought that maybe they were meant to be together. I then got to know MarShel more and more and fell in love with her as well. She was one of the funniest people I know. She had that contagious laughter then when she laughed everyone else was laughing. She had the funniest jokes as well. I remember we were house sitting her sister Nicki's house while they were out of town. And MarShel, Brigham, me, and her then husband Joe busted out rockband and sat there and jammed/laughed for hours. She is such a great woman and fough a couragous battle.

Brigham and Marshel were like brother and sister, they grew up together and eventually Brighams sister Roxanna married Marshel's brother Leif. There has always been that bond between the four of them that is indesrcibable. I am so greatful that I go to know such an amazing person.

This is my letter to Marshel..
Marshel-
When I first met you I was so scared of the connection you shared with Brigham, I often wondered if it was you two that were meant to be together. I then learned this connection was love that you had for each other because you were like brother and sister. Then my love for you grew and grew to where you were like family also.
You are such an incrediable woman, and such an inspiration to us all.
Your smile was my favorite! It was so contagious everytime you would smile you would light up the whole room. Im going to miss that smile and your laughter.
Im so glad we got to see you last week, you looked so amazing! It was great to just sit there for awhile and reminice about the trouble you, brigham, aaron, and ryan used to cause. My favortie was trying to sell them Basil and told them it was marijuana. That was you though hilarious! You were such a great friend to Brigham, he adores you so much! Thank you so much for being there for him. We love you so much and are going to miss you greatly. But it brings us peace knowing that you are up in heaven watching over us and dancing your arse off!!!
We love you Marshel! And will miss you deeply!
Always and forever!!

3 comments:

ALL ABOUT US said...

listen to the song it is beautiful!

George and Karyn said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That is an amazing letter and entry that you wrote. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Aaron and Megan said...

So sorry Marlie, I love your blog and your kids are adorable